Budapest was my favorite new spot of the summer. I got Berlin vibes from it. It just seemed like a cool place to be at a cool time to be there. And there were unexpected things about it. From the way the people looked, to the speed of the escalators (seriously, watch out they are fast!) , to the Erzébet Square——it was all just more forward thinking that I expected.
Here is a list of my favorites:
- Lake Balaton: While Budapest was great I highly encourage you to get out of the city and visit Lake Balaton on a lovely summer day.
- Buda Castle: Beautiful city and river views from the top of this hill.
- St. Stephens Basillica: Perfect for people watching and finding couples in matching outfits!
- Puzzle Rooms!
- Baths! We went to the Szechenyi baths and had a great time!
- Kolves: in the hip Jewish Quarter this was the best meal we had almost the whole trip.
- Ruin Bars: Wanter the Jewish Quarter at night and visit as many of these as you can.
- Budapest Central Market: Go to the second floor and try a traditional Langos!
- Gelarato Rosa: Looks as good as it tastes!
- For Sale Pub: For a cheap and filling lunch.
- Levendula: Best gelato in Budapest!